Servings: Makes 8 Boats
- Preheat your Oven to 350
- Thoroughly Wash & Dry your Zucchini
- Chop of the ends of the Zucchini & slice in 1/2 lengthwise so you have 8 Boats
- Scoop out the flesh of the Zucchini so you have a nice boat vessel (discard the excess)
- Line a baking sheet with foil & put all 8 boats on it and sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Bake Zucchini Boats by themselves for 15 minutes (While the Zucchini is baking, get your filling ready!)
- Saute 1/2 chopped onion in 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Season the onions with 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, & 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook until translucent and then add in your sausage and cook until fully browned
- Remove Pan from Heat & Add 1 cup of Tomato Sauce and 1/2 c shredded cheese until combine completely
- By now, your zucchini boats should be cooked & your mixture still warm. Scoop 1/8 of the mixture into each zucchini boat and distribute the second 1/2 c of shredded cheese on top
- Switch your oven to Broil on High & Put the Zucchini Boats in the Oven on Broil for 4-5 minutes until the cheese gets nice & bubbly!
- Enjoy!!Tip : To Make Tex-Mex Style, Replace the Marinara Sauce with 1 cup of Salsa, and replace the sausage with ground beef cooked in taco seasoning!
Makes 8 boats. Macros per boat:
4g Net Carbs