The crockpot is one of the greatest inventions to grace the kitchen because of how easy it makes it to cook delicious meals. The same is true on keto. Using a crockpot we can whip up a keto crockpot chili, which means no carb-heavy beans, that’s both fat-fueled and delicious.
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 1 LB Ground Sausage (regular or hot – depending on your preference)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeño (seeds & ribs removed) – finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (14.5oz)
- 1 can Tomato Sauce (15 oz) – (make sure this has no sugar added!)
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder (May need to use more if you choose a mild sausage)
- 1/2 TBSP Ground Cumin
- 1 TBLS of Garlic Powder
- Brown the Ground Beef & Sausage in a skillet
- Drain and reserve half of the fat cooked out from the meat.
- Place the cooked sausage and ground beef into the crockpot
- Add half of the reserved fat plus all other ingredients into the crockpot and mix them altogether.
- Set the crockpot on low and cook /simmer for 6-8 hours.
- Serve it up! Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions, even bacon bits if you like. (Toppings not included in listed macros)
Calories – 385
Net Carbs – 7 g
Protein – 33 g