best thermogenic supplement
You may have noticed more products on the market today than ever before that are designed to help you burn fat or increase your metabolism. These are supplements that usually contain one or more ingredients that are known to aid your body in fat breakdown. There are also supplements out there for energy and mood boosting. Perhaps you have even found some that help with stress. With all of these possibilities, it can be very difficult to determine which one to try. What exactly are all these products and how do they work? Most of them can be categorized as thermogenic supplements. In this article, we are going to explore thermogenesis and how the body responds to it. These thermogenic supplements are usually made up of a blend of ingredients to maximize their results. You might be wondering if there a product out there that can aid in fat burning, increase metabolism, improve energy and mood, and relieve stress on the body. Is there a “do it all” thermogenic supplement? We will compare some of these supplements and make recommendations for the best thermogenic supplement to address these issues.
We will examine the nervous system first because it is a major factor in the thermoregulation process. It consists of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system. The central nervous system is known as the primary command center for the body. It consists of the spinal cord and the brain. The peripheral nervous system is made up of a network of nerves that connects the rest of the body to the central nervous system. The nervous system has sensors that send signals to the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus is a small region of the brain that controls various things including thirst, hunger, and most importantly to our discussion, body temperature. It is located at the base of the brain, near the pituitary gland. Once the hypothalamus receives signal from the central nervous system it then sends signals to other systems and organs in the body, so it can respond to the problem appropriately.
To understand thermogenic supplements, we first need to understand the process that controls the temperature of the body. Thermoregulation is a function in the body that regulates your internal body temperature. In the case of thermoregulation, when the signals go out from the hypothalamus to the rest of the body (as described above), it can get to work to try and bring the internal temperature back to normal. Most people fall between 98 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit for a baseline temperature. There are a few common things that cause your body temperature to raise including: exercise, digestion, and fever. There are also a few common things that cause your body temperature to lower including: some metabolic conditions, drug use, and alcohol use. For example, hypothermia is something that can happen when your body temperature goes too low. This is common for people who spend time outside in cold climates and do not wear appropriate clothing. It can also happen from being in a cold body of water for too long. Brain damage, cardiac arrest and even death can occur if your temperature drops significantly. On the other hand, a body temperature that is too high can also cause brain damage or death. Either extreme can be incredibly dangerous to your health. The body does allow for some leniency in temperature but if it goes to the extremes (too hot or too cold), your body will not be able to function properly.
Your body, being the amazing thing that it is, can manage some slight variations in internal temperature. As mentioned above, when different parts of the body receive the distress signal from your brain, they respond in a manner that brings the body back to homeostasis or a state of equilibrium.
If your body is warm and needs to cool down, a few things can happen:
- Vasodilatation – blood vessels under your skin widen, increasing blood flow to the skin and releasing heat from the inner body.
- Sweating – the skin cools as the sweat produced by sweat glands evaporates which helps lower internal body temperature.
If your body is cold and needs to warm up, a few things can happen:
- Vasoconstriction – blood vessels under your skin narrow, decreasing blood flow to the skin and keeping the heat for the inner body.
- Hormonal thermogenesis – thyroid gland releases a hormone to increase your metabolism. This makes your body create energy and produces more heat.
- Thermogenesis – the body’s muscles, organs and brain can produce heat. An example of thermogenesis is shivering.
Did you know that your body contains two different types of fat? Not only are they different types, they are different colors. White fat and brown fat each serve a different purpose. We are briefly talking about this topic, so you can understand how your body works when thermogenesis occurs.
- White fat is white adipose tissue. What is the purpose of white fat? It is responsible for providing insulation to your organs which ends up keeping you warm. The energy is stored in large fat droplets all over the body. This is the fat that most of you probably think about, that ends up around the midsection. It can accumulate in different parts of the body, but the abdomen is the most common area. Too much fat here can increase your risk for diabetes, heart disease and other diseases.
- Brown fat is brown adipose tissue. It gets its color from the iron-rich mitochondria that are found here. Its energy is stored in much smaller spaces than white fat. What is the purpose of brown fat? It creates heat without shivering when it burns, this is the process of thermogenesis.
best thermogenic supplement
Thermogenic supplements are designed to improve your metabolism and increase fat burning. What does thermogenic mean? It means “heat producing.” The body generates more heat when it burns calories. Thermogenic supplements are ones that boost metabolism or increase fat burning.
There are several compounds that are believed to have the properties to boost metabolism or increase fat burning. They include:
- Caffeine – This is most commonly found in coffee, green tea and cocoa beans. Research has found that every milligram of caffeine consumed helps burn an additional 0.1 calories in the following 24 hours.
- Green tea extract – Contains caffeine and EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which both have thermogenic effects. Research has found that caffeinated green tea supplements can increase metabolism by roughly 4% and boost fat burning by 16% for 24 hours after ingestion.
- Capsaicin – This is what makes chili peppers spicy. 20 studies found that capsaicin supplements can boost metabolism by about 50 calories per day, which could lead to significant weight loss over time.
- Garcinia cambogia – This is a tropical fruit. A review of 12 studies found that taking garcinia cambogiasupplements over 2–12 weeks leads to a 1% greater reduction in body weight compared to a placebo, on average.
- Yohimbine – This is a substance found in the bark of a tree in Africa. One small study found that professional athletes who took 20 mg of yohimbine daily for three weeks had 2% less body fat than athletes taking a placebo.
- Bitter orange – This is a citrus fruit that contains synephrine, a compound that is a natural stimulant, similar in structure to ephedrine. Taking 50 mg of synephrine has been shown to increase metabolism and burn an additional 65 calories per day, which could potentially help people lose weight over time
- Thermogenic blends – These blends are a combination of metabolism boosting products. One eight-week study found that overweight and obese dieters who took a daily supplement containing green tea extract, capsaicin and caffeine lost an additional pound (0.9 kg) of body fat, compared to a placebo.
With all of this information and so many options for boosting metabolism and increasing fat burning, you are likely asking yourself “what is the best thermogenic supplement?”
TOP NOTCH burn
Top Notch Burn has it all! Rather than creating 4 different supplements like many other brands, Top Notch put it all in one, this product is a fat burner, appetite suppressant, stress reducer and energy booster. The problem with most other brands is they either target one of these benefits or the other. When it comes to fat burning all four of these must align. Top Notch Burn is the only fat burner specifically designed to do all of these, including reducing your cortisol levels. Many other brands actually increase your cortisol levels, which will stop fat burning no matter how many thermogenic ingredients they include. If you live a fast paced/stress filled life it could be your elevated stress also known as cortisol levels that are keeping you from losing weight. This is what many other fat burners forget to include.
Top Notch Burn is designed specifically to target stubborn fat for both men & women! It can be so frustrating when you have put in the hard work, but just can’t get rid of that last bit of weight. It may be that you just need to boost your metabolism. Top Notch Burn will boost metabolism while creating a thermogenic effect & giving you an amazing energy boost without a lot of caffeine that you may find in other products. Top Notch Burn contains less than 5 mg of caffeine, so you will not feel jittery after consuming.
Top Notch Burn includes an energy blend complex and fat burning complex. The energy blend contains: green tea, theobromine, theacrine, and green coffee bean extract. The main ingredients of the fat burning blend includes: ashwagandha, grains of paradise, capsicum annuum (standardized to 2% capsaicinoids), gamma-butyrobetaine (GBB), and black pepper extract.
In looking at the ingredients of Top Notch Burn, you can see that they each play a very important role:
- Remember that green tea contains caffeine and EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which both have thermogenic effects. Green tea holds much less caffeine than a regular cup of coffee at just 24 to 40 mg compared to 100 mg. It contains many compounds and antioxidants that are beneficial to your health. Research shows that green tea increases the number of antioxidants in your bloodstream.
EGCG is just one of the antioxidants called catechins. As noted above, EGCG can boost your metabolism. Even if you are sitting still or sleeping, your body is using energy and burning calories. There are many studies that show results that, even while at rest, taking green tea extract or EGCG supplements, your body is burning more calories. It can also hinder the process of the hormone norepinephrine being broken down. When the enzyme that is responsible for this breakdown is inhibited, norepinephrine increases and the break down of fat improves. Aside from all of the ways green tea aids in weight loss it has many other notable health benefits.
- Capsicum annuum is the family of peppers that chili peppers come from. Capsaicin is what makes these peppers spicy. Capsaicin is known to encourage the release of adrenaline which speeds up metabolism. Therefore, your body burns more calories and fat. It is also known to reduce appetite which generally means you will lower your calorie intake. Both qualities make capsaicin a powerful thermogenic ingredient.
- Theanine is an amino acid that increases energy, focus, and motivation. It is known to help combat stress and help lower cholesterol. It also contains anti-inflammatory effects. Its structure is very similar to glutamate, chemically. Glutamate is an amino acid that is naturally occurring in the body. It helps transmit nerve impulses to the brain. Also known as L-theanine, it can help with anxiety, immunity, blood pressure, sleep, and sinusitis. Research does not show any side effects from taking L-theanine but if you are taking any medications, you will want to discuss dosage with your doctor.
- One of the main ingredients in Top Notch Burn is Ashwagandha. Cortisol is a hormone that responds to stress in the body, but also regulates metabolism and immune response. Top Notch Burn reduces this cortisol with a high dose (300 mg) of Ashwagandha, which is an adaptogenic herb that is known for reducing stress and anxiety, boost mood, help to reduce cortisol levels along with so many other amazing health benefits, to ensure you reach your weight loss goals!
- Gamma-butyrobetaine (GBB) increases the body’s production of L-Carnitine, which leads to increased energy and promotes fat loss. L-carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid derivative. It uses fatty acids to create energy by transporting them to the mitochondria. There are trace amounts of L-carnitine in your liver and blood, but 98% of it lives within your muscles. It is known to improve mitochondrial function which is a key piece of managing diseases and encouraging healthy aging. It can also provide other health benefits including: exercise performance, heart health, and type 2 diabetes.
- Grains of paradise is a spice in the ginger family. It increases serotonin and norepinephrine levels, enhances the health of blood vessels and has significant skin healing benefits. In a study that gave participants 40 mg extract of grains of paradise, it was shown that they burned 43 more calories within two hours of consuming than those given a placebo.
- Black pepper extract improves absorption. It makes Top Notch Burn more bioavailable. In other words, black pepper aids the body in absorbing compounds that are broken down in the digestive process. Black pepper contains a compound called piperine which is similar to capsaicin that we discussed above. Black pepper has anti-inflammatory properties and is known to help relieve headaches, nausea, and poor digestion.
- Recall that yohimbine is an active ingredient of the substance found in the bark of an African evergreen tree. It improves athletic performance, increases weight loss, energy and blood flow, and aids in sexual health. Research demonstrates the effects of yohimbine in 20 obese females. There was increased weight loss for those that supplemented with yohimbine than for those that consumed a placebo. All of the women stuck to a 1,000 calorie diet for three weeks and those that added yohimbine lost 7.8 pounds compared to 4.9 pounds in those that did not.
Main Benefits of Top Notch Burn:
- Boost metabolism: burn more calories.
- Thermogenic: heat up your core.
- Suppress appetite: beat cravings.
- Reduce stress: stress makes you gain weight.
- Burn fat: doing all of these things equates to fat loss and breaking weight loss plateaus.
Top Notch Burn is manufactured in a Good Manufacturing Practices compliant & FDA inspected facility to ensure the highest quality product for their customers. Top Notch Nutrition uses only the highest quality all natural ingredients & third party test all their products to ensure quality.
lean Xplode weight advanced fat burner
Lean Xplode Weight Advanced Fat Burner is a potent and powerful thermogenic weight loss product that increases fat burning. It is known to curb cravings, boost mood and energy, and reduce stress. It can increase metabolism fates and give you energy for more intense workout and all-date focus and clarity. The formula is made to help with muscle toning and weight loss. It contains a thermogenic blend of garcinia cambogia, raspberry ketone, green tea extract, green coffee bean and natural caffeine. You will find that it contains less than 5mg of caffeine, so you will not feel jittery after consuming. It is made in the United States and in an FDA regulated facility. Adding Lean Xplode to your diet and exercise regimen can help you reach sustainable weight loss results.
In looking at the ingredients of Lean Xplode Weight Advanced Fat Burner, you can see that they each play a very significant role:
- Recall that Garcinia cambogia is a tropical fruit. The extracts from this fruit are often used in thermogenic supplements. This fruit contains hydroxycitric acid (HCA) which blocks enzymatic (ATP citrate lyase) activity that is involved in forming body fat.
- Raspberry ketones are the substance that gives raspberries their aroma. They are found naturally in not only raspberries but also blackberries, cranberries and kiwis. It is very expensive to obtain in its natural state so most of the varieties included in thermogenic supplements are manufactured. What raspberry ketones are thought to do, is to help your fat break down more efficiently. Therefore, making it possible for your body to burn the fat faster. It is also thought that they increase a hormone that aids in regulating metabolism called adiponectin. Unfortunately, there are not many studies performed with humans to support these statements. It is yet to be determined if it is an effective ingredient for boosting thermogenesis. Raspberry ketones do not produce the same effect on your body as exogeneous ketones. Exogenous ketones are used in ketogenic diets to aid the body in getting into or staying in ketosis.
- Green tea extract contains caffeine and EGCG epigallocatechin gallate, which both have thermogenic effects. Remember that EGCG is just one of the antioxidants called catechins and can boost your metabolism. Aside from all of the ways green tea aids in weight loss, it has many other notable health benefits.
- Green coffee beans are coffee beans that haven’t been roasted. There are compounds in coffee beans known as chlorogenic acids. It is believed that this compound can help you lose weight, lower blood pressure and contains antioxidant effects. The caffeine in green coffee beans is fairly equivalent to that of regular coffee. Once coffee is roasted the chlorogenic acid content lowers which is why drinking coffee is not widely known for having the same effects.
You will want to pay close attention to the ingredients in thermogenic supplements. Some of them are created with additional substances and you may not need or want them. They may also have other ingredients to alleviate a problem that you do not have. For example:
- Ka-Pow 3D Fat Burning Pills have a thermogenic product just for men. This product includes a “testosterone elevating matrix” which is a blend of ingredients designed to increase the testosterone hormone in your body. While some individuals may have low levels, others do not. Someone with acceptable levels would not want to take this product, as too much testosterone can have negative effects on the body.
- Power by Naturals Leptin Fat Burner contains carbohydrate inhibiting ingredients. For those on a ketogenic diet (low carb, high fat), you do not want to block the low amount of carbs your body is getting. Carbohydrates are turned into sugar in your body and the body uses that for energy. In a keto diet, you are minimizing the carb intake, so your body uses fat for energy instead. With that being said, you still need some carbohydrates in your diet. You should be eating fruits and vegetables (within the guidelines of a keto diet) for the nutrients they provide. Eliminating all carbohydrates (inhibiting the processing of them) can impact the nutrients your body gets. Carb blocking while on a keto diet is generally only done when too many carbohydrates have been consumed. You do not want to block your body from using the small amount you will be eating most days on a ketogenic diet.
- BURN-XT Thermogenic Fat Burner contains caffeine anhydrous which is a highly concentrated caffeine powder. There is 270 mg of caffeine anhydrous in one serving which is two capsules. Because it has been dehydrated, caffeine anhydrous is more concentrated. This also means that it is more potent than regular caffeine. The difference between safe and toxic amounts of powder forms of caffeine is minimal and hard to measure with standard kitchen tools. Because of this, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns against these forms of caffeine.
One 8 ounce cup of coffee generally contains 95 mg of caffeine. Caffeine boosts your levels of adrenaline. This reaction can produce jittery sensations, high blood pressure, and sweatiness. These responses are much more likely to occur if you are sensitive to caffeine but if you consume too much, it can have a negative impact. It is also possible to overdose on caffeine, called caffeine intoxication, which can be fatal. It is recommended to watch the intake of caffeine per day. The recommendation from Mayo Clinic is 400 mg of caffeine per day if you are a healthy adult.
- Hydroxycut Black, Weight Loss Supplement for Men and Women also contains caffeine anhydrous at a rate of 200 mg per serving. It also contains Robusta coffee extract ( Canephora Robusta) which are coffee beans that have not been roasted. We talked about the antioxidant properties of this ingredient above. In this product, this ingredient is found in the amount of 200 mg per serving. One thing to note is that caffeine in green coffee is like regular coffee. We discussed the aspects of caffeine anhydrous at length above. You will again, want to watch the intake of caffeine per day, especially with this product as it has caffeine coming from multiple sources. Bear in mind that too much caffeine can cause issues triggered by the adrenaline boost.
- Evlution Nutrition Trans4orm Thermogenic Energizing Fat Burner Supplement contains natural caffeine (from coffee bean) in the amount of 175 mg per serving. It also contains coleus extract (Coleus forskholii), which is a compound found in the roots of Indian coleus. This plant is related to the mint family and grows in the tropics. Traditional herbal medicine has used this plant to treat numerous conditions and diseases. Most supplements increase metabolic rate (fat burning, suppress appetite and/or reduce efficiency of digestion), therefore impacting weight loss. Unfortunately, coleus extract is not found to do any of these things. It does not look like there is evidence connecting it directly to weight loss.
- Nutriana Fat Burner for Women contains horny goat weed. This is an herb that is most commonly used for sexual performance problems including erectile dysfunction and low sex drive. There are also warnings about this herb interacting with several medications including: blood pressure and blood clotting. Horny goat weed contains phytoestrogens which chemically act like the female hormone estrogen. Similarly, to coleus extract, there does not seem to be any evidence that this herb provides any benefits to weight loss.
With all this information regarding ingredients you might be asking yourself how one can find the best thermogenic supplement? Why are some of these ingredients included? We have seen that some of them do not necessarily offer any major health benefits. Many of them certainly are not connected to fat burning or improving metabolism. It is hard to understand why some manufacturers add ingredients that are not necessary. Therefore, it is imperative to look at the nutrition labels and watch for compounds and/or ingredients that serve no purpose in reaching your goals.
As noted earlier, finding the best thermogenic supplement may sound difficult. It is a big task to find one that helps your body burn fat and improves metabolism. Remember the importance of reading nutrition and ingredient labels to ensure you are choosing a product that is keto-friendly and does not contain unwanted and/or unnecessary agreements. We want you to have the information needed so you can make informed decisions when it comes to supporting your diet and your overall health. As with any dietary supplement, especially if you have other health concerns, it is important to discuss this subject with your primary care physician. Choosing the right products to enhance your ketogenic plan can help you create a sustainable diet that will produce results. We truly feel that Top Notch Nutrition’s Burn containing the energy blend complex and fat burning complex will give you optimal support for a ketogenic diet. This is one product on the market that is a fat burner, appetite suppressant, stress reducer and energy booster. It truly combines everything, so you do not have to take four different supplements. If you are looking for the best thermogenic supplement, buy Top Notch Burn. It definitely tops the list for one of the best thermogenic supplements if you are following a ketogenic diet.